The Comet Smoke Signal Orange is a compact, flat top distress signal designed to be easy and safe to handle.
It provides effective position marking during rescue operations and can be used to indicate wind direction, producing dense orange smoke for a minimum of 3 minutes.
The Comet Lifesmoke is a small and compact distress signal for daylight use designed for stowage in liferafts.
Signal for position marking during rescue operations Indicates wind direction Safe use on oil or petrol covered water Conforming to SOLAS 74/88 as amended Ideal also for leisure boats.
This compact unit is ideally stored in a water-resistant locker at ambient temperature allowing easy access in an emergency or in the robust, specially designed polybottle.
1. Remove plastic cap. Point away from body.
2. Pull ring firmly away from canister. Ensure hand remains clear of HOT END.
3. Throw Lifesmoke overboard immediately. Smoke will be emitted after a 2 second delay.
- Height: 100 mm
- Diameter: 84 mm
- Weight: 340 g
- NEC: 200 g
- Burning time: 3 minutes minimum
- Colour of smoke: orange
- Ignition: pull-wire ignitor with 2 seconds safety delay